We are looking for a Director, Engineering to join our team in Turku
In this position you will lead the engineering department, by managing the department and personnel; from hiring and training new team members to managing technical projects and preparing the budget of the team.
- Manage the engineering department and personnel
- Responsible of engineering department resource management
- Responsible for engineering department fixed costs and overheads budget
- Promote sustainability in all aspects of the job
- Create project specific outsourcing plans, manage key partners (frame agreements etc.)
- Follow and promote company strategy. Ensure all employees understand the strategy
- Linking Company strategy and goals with engineering department and personnel targets
- Manage engineering department quality and environmental management system (KPI’s) of all developed documentation and work
- Provide support for sales work.
- Developing engineering budgets for new projects.
- Identify product development needs, create implementation plans for development and reporting of development progress.
- Promote and develop standardized technical solutions for the company.
- Ensure company products are in compliance applicable marine and national building code regulations
- Develop, improve, and follow up engineering practices and process as part of the company quality system
- Responsible for developing budgeting and estimating tools
- Organizing regular engineering department meetings as a chairman
- Assume senior consultancy role in various consultancy and engineering projects
What we expect from the candidate
- People management and leadership skills
- Good communication skills
- Understanding of project execution lifecycle
- Understanding of design methods
- Estimation and budgeting skills
- Familiar with construction practices, certifying authority requirements, International and applicable local codes and standards.
- Fluent spoken and written English (the majority of the stakeholders are English speaking)
- Open minded, proactive, and able to take initiative, while working in a fast-paced, international environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
MEYER Floating Solutions offers an excellent working environment in very unique global product environment.
MEYER Floating Solutions is continuing to pave the way in the floating solutions market started by ADMARES Marine. MEYER Floating Solutions has a solid project portfolio offering truly groundbreaking building solutions.
If you fell there is a match made, apply now by sending your application by e-mail to email@example.com.
For further information reach out to CEO, Kaj Casén firstname.lastname@example.org
MEYER Floating Solutions is a construction technology start-up established in 2022 that is disrupting the conventional real estate development industry with innovative overwater solutions. Born as a joint venture between MEYER Group and floating real estate pioneer ADMARES Marine the company offers a vast potential for the global construction industry with truly unique products for untapped markets with minimum-to-no existing competition. The company has background from highly efficient shipbuilding and process oriented offshore industries which are considered as forerunners in modular technology for decades. The benefits of modular construction have demonstrated its ability to be cost effective against traditional methods, and has led to financial savings and reduced disruption on site. While the benefit of lean shipbuilding process shows us that it could help to reduce the time used to build a ship, rather than using traditional ways of constructing ship and thus, eliminate unnecessary waste of time and money.
MEYER Group is an international consortium with three shipyards in Papenburg (GER), Rostock (GER) and Turku (FIN), as well as other subsidiaries and companies of MEYER Group. The consortium employs directly about 7,000 people.
ADMARES Marine delivered several iconic overwater projects between 2016–2021. Projects such as the Burj Al Arab overwater terrace extension, World's largest floating villa and multiple smaller private villas showcase that the turnkey solutions guarantee greater returns for developers, shorter project timelines and minimal environmental impact.
Want to know more who you would be working with and what & how we do things? For more information about Meyer Floating Solutions, check out:
Please feel free also to send us your open application and we’ll review it as soon as any positions opens.
Drop us a line at: email@example.com